Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tagged by Laura

I saw my friend Laura's blog page yesterday and have found out I have been "tagged" to give 7 little known facts about myself. I have been giving this some thought and it is not as easy as it sounds. Hopefully my answers are not too lame!! Here they are:

1. My favorite colors are blue and pink. For many years it was just blue, but over the past year or so, I have been obsessed with pink too. So, as many of you can imagine, as soon as I knew about Mia, I went straight to work getting things for her room that are all pink!!!!

2. I am NOT a computer person. I mean, don't get me wrong, I work with computers for my job, I love to email people, and I do pretty well with my blog. However, anything complicated, like all the fancy things people have on their blogs (songs playing, pictures flashing, etc.) I have not the slightest idea on how to do those things.

3. I am VERY scared of snakes. I can't even watch them on TV. In Florida we had a screened in porch and a snake got in there once. My dogs were outside and I could barely utter the words to get them inside because I was so paralyzed with fear.

4. When I was younger and thinking of what I wanted to be when I grew up, I had two dreams. The first was to own my own daycare (because I love kids so much) and it would be called "Holly's Happy Kids." My other dream was to own a bakery with my mom. Both my mom and I love to bake and I get along with her so well that I thought it would be fun to own a bakery together.

5. I have been with my husband since I was 17 years old. I know I was young, but I guess when you have met that special someone, you just know it, and I happen to meet mine when I was 17. I look at it this way, it is that many more years I will get to spend with him!! I love you Mike!!!!!

6. Along the same lines as knowing someone for a long time, I have been best-friends with my best friend Katie for 18 years. She knows everything about me and I know everything about her. We have no secrets. We have always been there for each other and I know that she and I will be best-friends for the rest of our lives. My children will be lucky to have Aunt Katie in their lives :)

7. Last but not least, my name could have been Monica. When my parents were trying to decide what to name me my dad wanted the name Monica. Well, since I ended up being born a couple of weeks after Christmas, I got the name Holly!

There you have it, 7 things you may or may not have wanted to know about me :) I am supposed to pick 7 people to "tag" but instead I will copy my friend Jennifer and anyone who reads this and has a blog can consider themselves "tagged" by me and must do the 7 little known facts about themselves and then you are supposed to leave me a comment that you did this so I can take a look at it. Have fun!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks Holly! I love learning more about my friends! This has been really fun. It may not be a daycare but I have no doubt that Holly's Happy Kids are coming home from Haiti!

Nadia & Peter said...

Holly, that was so cute! I love the childhood sweetheart one, so to speak! I did the 7 things, too.... :-)

Anonymous said...

That is a cute daycare name! I didn't know that you have been with Mike that long. That is great!

Anonymous said...

I do love Target! I'll keep an eye out for those bargains. Jeremy keeps picking out tons of stuff. The expensive stuff I say, "Wait for grandpa Merle." That is my dad and will spoil the little one(s) rotten.

We are hoping for a match before the Borcherts and/or Lorenzens travel. We shall see though. We are still waiting on CBI to clear our fingerprints. They have had them for 10 weeks now.