Friday, April 13, 2007

Maybe Mia's B-day and An Update

We have not received a copy of Mia's birth certificate yet, but from what I was told, Mia's birthday is today and that means she has just turned 2. It's hard that she is not home with us to celebrate this occasion. I just pray that Wadner and Mia are home before their birthday's next year. We already know we will miss Wadner's 5th birthday since it is in June. It is just so hard to have these special times come and go without my children here. Easter was another hard day for me. I was able to spend it with my family here in Colorado, which was so nice, but watching all of the kids look for Easter eggs and not seeing my children there looking too was tough.

I emailed Diana at the adoption agency just to ask for an update on Mia's papers and she told me the staff in Haiti are pushing to get all of her documents in order and to get them legalized. She also said that they are due for a batch of files to go into IBESR (Haiti social services) and will hopefully have good news soon that we are in IBESR and our file numbers. I am praying it happens really soon, as we still have about 8-10 months of waiting to bring our children home after we are notified that we are in IBESR.

2 comments:

Laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA!!!

I just have to believe that they will be home for their birthdays next year. You will have a BLAST celebrating each of their special days for your first time.

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday" Mia. With love, Aunt Karen