Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Second Referral--For Our Little Girl




We received a phone call yesterday afternoon from Erin at our adoption agency that the blood work FINALLY came back. Everything looks good and we were given the referral. Mike and I had a doctor look over the results and then we wanted to talk last night before we gave the news to everyone. We officially said yes this morning, and Mia is our daughter. I don't have many pictures of her yet, but above are two that were taken of her about 2 weeks ago. We also haven't been given a lot of specific information, I know for sure that she was born in 2005 and I have been told her birthday may be April 13, so she will be turning 2 in the next couple of weeks. As soon as this information is confirmed, I will post it. I am happy beyond words that this little girl is our daughter; we had the same feeling about her as we did the first time we saw Wadner's picture. I know in my heart that these 2 children are my son and daughter. I will post more pictures when I get them. I am just enjoying the moment!!!!

11 comments:

Laura said...

AAAAHHHH!!!!! Congratulations!!! She is beautiful! Okay, you didn't tell us how old she is, when her birthday is, etc. We need more INFO!!! I am soooo happy for you! She is so so precious. What a blessing!

Holly said...

Hi Laura,

I was just so excited to have the referral I forgot about some of the information :) I don't have much, but I have updated the post with what I have so far. Thanks for reminding me!

Holly

Anonymous said...

congratulations......I am so excited for you. Like I said before I know you and Mike (bob) will make great parents. Try not to get discouraged during the wait....Just remember no matter how long it takes they will be yours forever once you get them!!!!Love ya lots,
Amy and Cyrus

Sue said...

BIG HUGE congrats!!! She is so cute! I wish I would of known of her to take some pics of your 2 together. :-)... Hopefully I will get *THE* news soon and I can take more pics for you when I go back!!! Her birthday is the same as Ty's, but he turns 4.

Sue
p.s. Your very welcome, I know how much pics have always meant to me during the wait... plus pictures of our children make our blogs look even better!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both. You both will be great parents..
Monica & Roy

Anonymous said...

We are very happy for you both! She is beautiful!!

-Heather and Paul

Lost Creek Soaps said...

Holly,

Congratulations on the referral of your little girl!! I know you have been anxiously awaiting it and it is finally here. I am so happy for you. I know that I had butterflies the whole day we got and accepted the referrals for our girls.

Suzanne Seagren
(Adopting Rosalynda and Lovelie)

Anonymous said...

So my niece is so cute. I cant wait to meet her!!! She is going to love her Aunt Katie....

Nadia & Peter said...

Holly,
She is gorgeous, this is obvious! I can't wait to see her smile!!! Have a great Easter weekend, and don't forget to share your good news, when you hear about IBESR!
Nadia

this is us said...

BOTH your kiddos are so cute! :) congratulations (I LOVE the name Mia of course). :)

Suzie said...

Happy Birthday Mia!!!!!!!!!

You are beautiful...

Love,
Nanny, Pop Pop & Megan