Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Less Stressed

We still don't know who are little girl is yet and I just wanted to post a quick update, since in my last post we were hoping to know who she was before the weekend. I received an email yesterday from Diana (the programs coordinator for Lighthouse Adoptions) that she is working very hard to get the lab results on the little girl they are looking at as a possible daughter for us. My fingers are crossed that we find out before the end of the week.

I put as the title of my post "less stressed" because I am feeling much calmer this week than I was last week about not knowing who my little girl is. I think part of my problem is that I am scared to death that something is going to go wrong and my children won't come home. I am afraid that Haiti will stop adoptions or something won't get approved, etc. This weekend Michael and I bought some things for Wadner's and our little girl's rooms' and I think it was a way for me to say "I am buying these things because THEY WILL COME HOME." Ever since then, I have felt much better about the situation. I have made a friend who lives about 2 minutes away from us and their family is also adopting from Haiti (and they are using the same adoption agency as us). She is wonderful and in an email she sent to me the other day, she told me that she often reminds herself that God has a plan for all of us and we just have to trust Him. That is what I am trying to do. Of course I am hoping His plan is to have them home sooner rather than later :), but I am trying to trust that He knows what He is doing. I am not the most patient person (as many of you know!) but, usually when I am upset about the way something in my life is going, later on I see that when I look at the big picture, things happened for a reason. I just don't always see that when I am caught up in a situation.

So, hopefully I will be posting some good news soon about our little girl, but until then I will try my best to be patient :)

1 comment:

Nadia & Peter said...

Holly, your little girl will come to you when she is ready, this I have been shown through our own experience with our referral (which I will share with you if you wish! I will hope, pray, cross my fingers for you that she'll be ready soon, and I can't wait to hear who she is! Thanks for sharing your blog with us on the AP group! Wadner is beyond adorable!
Nadia and family